Data quality. Data quality management: Process measurement questionnaire
Last updated: 11 May 2023
What is ISO/TS 8000‑65 about?
ISO/TS 8000‑65 is part 65 of the multi-series standard that specifies a questionnaire to audit the performance of the processes specified by the process reference model in ISO 8000‑61.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 8000‑65:
- Guiding principles for generating questions from the process outcomes specified by ISO 8000‑61
- One or more questions for each outcome of every process in ISO 8000‑61
- A measurement method based on a simple indicator and measurement scale for each question
- Guidance on how to present the results generated by the questionnaire
ISO/TS 8000‑65 will help you audit the performance of the processes specified by the process reference model in ISO 8000‑61.
NOTE- The following is outside the scope of ISO/TS 8000‑65:
Defining how the questions relate to models of organizational process maturity
Who is ISO/TS 8000‑65 for?
ISO/TS 8000‑65 on process measurement questionnaire for data quality management is useful for:
- Business process departments
- Information systems departments
- Data processing departments
Why should you use ISO/TS 8000‑65?
The ability to create, collect, store, maintain, transfer, process, and present data to support business processes in a timely and cost-effective manner requires both an understanding of the characteristics of the data that determine its quality, and an ability to measure, manage and report on data quality.
ISO/TS 8000‑65 establishes a simple measurement method, based on the high-level reference processes of ISO 8000‑61. Evaluating the data quality management implementation of an organization. Each question has been derived from the outcomes of every process in ISO 8000‑61.
ISO/TS 8000‑65 provides a questionnaire for data quality planning, control, assurance, and support. ISO/TS 8000‑65 also provides a questionnaire for resource provision.
© British Standards Institution 2022