Last updated in October 2022
What is in this notice?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer or device by a website when you visit it. They contain details about your use of the website, and they distinguish you from other users. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise you and, for example, remember your preferences, as well as to improve the website.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To let you do things on the website – for example, to log in to restricted areas, fill in forms and view content (necessary cookies).
- To collect statistics – which helps us improve the website through analysis of usage patterns (for example, to see which pages are the most popular and how users are interacting with them) (analytics cookies).
The main cookies we use are:
- _ga (Google Analytics): used to distinguish different users and expires after 2 years.
- _gid (Google Analytics): used to distinguish different users and expires after 24 hours.
- _utma (Google Analytics): used to distinguish users and sessions and expires after 2 years.
- _utmb (Google Analytics): used to determine new sessions and visits and expires after 30 minutes.
- _utmc (Google Analytics): used to determine new sessions and visits and expires at the end of each browser session.
- _utmz (Google Analytics): used to determine the sources of the visit to the website and expires after 6 months.
- wordpress_logged_in_ (WordPress): used to enable the user account and expires after 30 days.
- wordpress_sec_ (WordPress): used to enable the user account and expires after 30 days.
How do I change my cookie settings?
You can control your cookie preferences at any time by clicking the cog in the corner of the website.
Analytics and social cookies are turned off by default. We require your consent to place these types of cookies.
Most browsers also let you turn off either all or third-party cookies. What you can do depends on the browser you are using. However, please be aware if you reject all cookies, this may impair your ability to use the website. The ability to do this is usually found in the options, settings or preferences menu of your browser or mobile device.
You can opt out of using Google’s analytics cookies by visiting Google’s opt-out page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Updating this cookie notice
We may update this notice and so we recommend that you check this page regularly. We aim to notify you of any significant changes by way of a notice on this website or by contacting you if reasonably possible.