Introducing BS 30440 Validation Framework for the Use of AI in Healthcare
– 1:30 pm
AI systems are increasingly used in the healthcare sector to support healthcare professionals and create efficiencies in the wider healthcare system. For AI to succeed in this context, there is a need for systems to undergo rigorous evaluation to demonstrate their clinical benefits, safe and secure integration into existing clinical pathways, sufficient levels of performance, and that their use is ethical and socially equitable.
BS 30440 Validation Framework for the Use of AI in Healthcare is a standard that has been developed to serve as a guide for such evaluation, with a focus on the development process of AI systems for the healthcare sector.
This webinar will provide an overview on how the standard came to be, why it is needed, what it covers, and what the benefits of using it are.
Who should attend the webinar?
- AI systems’ suppliers
- External auditors
- Healthcare providers
- Clinicians and healthcare staff
- Patients and the public
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Healthcare insurers
- Innovation and market access consultancies
- Consumer technology companies
What will participants gain?
- A stronger understanding of what BS 30440 contains and how it should be used
- For people who develop AI for healthcare, an explanation of how AI systems can be certified
- For healthcare organizations, an explanation of how to use the standard to gain assurance
- The chance to put your questions to the experts who wrote the standard
- A post-event copy of all presentations and a recording of the webinar for future reference